Open Mondays 8:30 a.m.-
Last walk-in or appointment at 3:15 p.m.
Walk-ins and appointments welcome.
Services free and childcare available.
Call us at:
905-432-SAFE (7233) OR
1320 Airport Blvd.,
Oshawa ON L1H 7K4
Enter the clinic through the side door
by the playground (east side of building)
Welcome to DRIVEN
DRIVEN provides support for women experiencing abuse
and/or gender- based violence by offering:
1. Multiple Services conveniently located under one roof.
2. Help connecting with off-site services.
3. Referrals to other agencies in the community.
What Is Abuse?
This behavior is referred to by various names such as:
- Relationship abuse
- Women abuse
- Domestic violence
- Gender- based violence
Abuse is an issue of power and control. It involves a person abusing his or her power over another person (or people).
It is not due to anger problems, drinking, or drugs (although these issues may make abuse worse). Abuse is a conscious choice by a person to control another person.
Abuse can be:
Types of gender-based violence and abuse
- Domestic Violence: Abusive behaviour of a verbal,
physical, sexual, emotional, psychological, spiritual, and/or financial
nature against a woman committed by her current
or past intimate partner or family member.
- Sexual Violence and Abuse: Unwanted physical
or verbal behaviour of a sexual nature against a woman committed by a
current or past intimate partner, family member,
friend, acquaintance, or stranger.
- Elder Abuse: Violent or abusive behaviour towards an
older person committed by someone in a position of trust (family,
friend, care-giver, etc.).
- Violence and Abuse: ...of all types, against a woman
because she is a woman, committed by an employer, friend,
acquaintance, or stranger.